Friday, September 21, 2007

Views Above and Around Baghdad

A friend sent me these pictures taken from above of Baghdad and Ramadi. I'm always surprised by how organized the streets of Baghdad look from above, especially when I compare it to other Arab countries from above (one in particular, but won't mention it so that my sisters don't pounce on me. :) I think alot of people forget that during the '80's, Iraq was on its track to becoming one of the most industrialized countries in the Arab world, until stupidity struck its ruler. But the infrastructure still attests to the good that this country has seen.
Mosque in front left corner formerly known as Um Al Tubool, now known as Ibn Taymiyyah.

Baghdad from above. In the distance, you see Baghdad Tower (Burj Baghdad), formerly known as Saddam's Tower. Close to my house in Baghdad.



Habbaniya Lake, Ramadi.

Habbaniya Lake, Ramadi.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

really beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing them. It looks so peaceful from above. Inshallah peace will come to Baghdad and all of Iraq very soon.

Anonymous said...

Fatima
Thank you so much for these images

Fatima said...

My pleasure, moi and magda. Indeed, ameen to your words, moi.

Anonymous said...

your friend sure does have a nice ride to get a view like that...

Costa Rica Cheap Land for Sale said...

These articles are fantastic; the information you show us is interesting for everybody and is really good written. It’s just great!! Do you want to know something more? Read it...: Great investment opportunity in Costa Rica